For our one year anniversary, Jake got me an Apple Watch since he knew I had been wanting one for a while. Sneaky, clever man..listening to me and making mental notes.
I had been wanting one honestly because so many people I work with have one, and they seemed super handy. I will admit I hadn’t done much research before I got mine, I just knew a few things they did that were helpful when you didn’t have your phone in your hand. I fell into the consumerism trap, but I also fell in love with this wonderful little piece of technology. I’ve come up with a list of the top 10 reasons I’ve come to love this thing more than I did when I first got it, as I’ve really discovered just how handy it is!
- It tries to keep me healthy. It has an activity tracker that tells me to stand up once an hour (which is good since I sit at a computer all day), it keeps track of my steps and how many minutes I exercise a day.
- It checks and records my heart rate. This might not be a big deal for most people, but I actually have a heart condition called Tachycardia, meaning my heart rate is higher than most peoples. The watch is like a constant heart rate monitor and keeps track of the ups and downs which is very nice for me to be aware of.
- I can talk on the phone hands free. Since my car doesn’t have bluetooth, normally I shove my phone in my bra to talk while I drive and that is not always easy (or possible with sweaters). Having the watch let’s me talk hands free very easily, and I can answer on my watch and don’t have to distractedly dig for my phone. Huge bonus. Side note, the picture is taken in my bosses car because he lets me drive it and it looks a lot nicer than mine!
- The faces and bands are changeable! Do you ever get sick of looking at the same thing all the time? You can change and customize both the face of the watch as well as the band that wraps around your wrist. Color coordinate, anyone? I got this band to have a change from the one it came with, and also got this one.
- Convenience. It’s just overall convenient. I can do pretty much everything on my watch that I can do on my phone. I can check instagram, twitter, I can text (verbally), get all notifications and updates. E.A.S.Y.
- It’s water resistant. Sometimes I forget to take it off when I get in the shower. It doesn’t get effected. It actually has this cool feature that expels water, if needed.
- Calendar notifications. Sometimes I’m away from my desk and don’t have my phone in my face. My calendar notifications pop up on my watch 10 minutes before any event which is really helpful so I’m not late for any calls or meetings.
- Use your watch as a flashlight. When I get up in the middle of the night, this really comes in handy.
- Apple Pay. You don’t need your phone, just use your watch!
- Find your phone. I saved the best for last. You can ping your phone if you can’t find it. It’s so handy, you don’t realize how often you put down your phone and can’t find it.
I don’t think I can recommend it enough. I’m a huge Apple fan and always have been. Here’s proof of how awesome it is: Jake has had android for a few years and has always talked smack to me about my iPhone. As soon as I got my watch and my iPhone 8+, we literally went back out that same day and got him one because he liked mine so much. HA.
What is your favorite feature of your Apple Watch??