I haven’t made a food post in a while, and honestly it’s just because I haven’t cooked in a while. We’ve been traveling a lot these last few weeks and I have just been too tired!
On the plus side, being tired means I break out the Crock Pot for some hands-off cooking. I haven’t used it in so long and really forgot how much I love it! My sister and mom got me a Crock Pot Cook Book for Christmas knowing I love to use it. I got this recipe from Pinterest.
I got up 10 minutes early today to throw the ingredients in the Crock Pot, turned it on Low, and let it slow cook this delicious meal for us. SO easy. And it was SO GOOD! Jake literally ate all of it but my one bowl full.
- 2 chicken breasts (frozen is fine)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.25 oz) can corn, undrained
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes (I used RoTel because it has a bit more flavor)
- 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- Place chicken on the bottom of the cooker, then cover with the canned vegetables.
- Top with seasonings and ranch mix. Stir ingredients together.
- Place the cream cheese on top. (I cut the cream cheese into 4 chunks to have it melt more evenly)
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Use 2 forks to shred chicken.
- Stir cream cheese into chili. Cook for an additional 15-30 minutes.