Do you enjoy decorating your work space like I do? Whenever I get a new space, I feel the need to make it my own. I do this both at my job, and at home. My career has always been a big part of my life and something I’ve worked hard to find a good fit in. After recently deciding to make a career change and jump from HR and Recruiting over to something I’m really passionate about, Real Estate, this whole new chapter of my life is about to begin and I couldn’t be more ready.
I’m also a little terrified. But in a good way.
To make this move into this whole new world of Real Estate Development, which I honestly know very little about, my desk will be my home base. Where I feel comfortable. And the more prepared I try to be, the more comfortable I am. So here are the things that I have to make my new desk a home base that makes me feel both prepared, organized and confident that I can handle this big change that I’m about to take part in and rock it.
This job will allow me to be able to work from home if need be, so I also get to share my home desk set up, too. We’ll start with that.
My Home Desk:
My desk at home is in our spare bedroom, which I admit has kind of become my own space. We used my old furniture and decor from my apartment to decorate it, so it’s very bright and kind of girly for Jake’s taste. But he literally never goes in there, so it doesn’t matter too much. It’s also where I do my at-home work outs, because it’s got plenty of space. I keep my yoga mat and workout gear in there, too.
I have this wonderful little pillow that’s actually from my bedding set for this room, but I use it to make my chair more comfortable. I love this chair because it helps me sit up straight! I also got this desk when we moved in just to have a place to work.
I love this photo of me holding both of my nephews (Parker is 4 and Hunter will be 2 in April) in my Best Aunt Ever frame. I only get to see them once a year, so I have pictures of them all over our house.
I have my motivational poster, ‘Dreams don’t work unless you do’ because you have to have something to remind you, right? Similar here & here.
I am a HUGE to-do list person. I always have a list made to keep me on track. These pads come in so handy and I love the feeling of accomplishment that comes from checking things off.
Then there’s my organizer and pen holder (similar here & here), my stapler & staple remover, and tape dispenser. I also have these paper clips. All matching though, because I love mint green.
A photo of me and my older sister, Julie, and her oldest son Parker on his first birthday (he’s 4 now, which I still can’t believe), and a photo of me and my mom on the bottom. Family is everything! Similar frame here.
The flowers in the vase are actually my bouquet from my sisters 5 year vow renewal. I love the fact that they’re fake so that I can always have them as a memory.
I love plants, but it’s easier to have fake ones at work. So the cute little succulent, although everything thinks is real, is actually fake! Cute and easy. My style. Get some here.
I keep lotion on my desk just because I don’t like to have dry skin. It’s all over the house. The one you see here is “Frosted Coconut Snowball” and was actually a gift from an old co-worker. It smells like Christmas. Get it here.
The Faith sign and glass cross are a reminder of why I have everything I have, including my job! Thank you, Lord!
My Work Desk
Now as for my next desk, I have seen it already, but don’t start until Thursday the 16th, so I only have what will be on it to show you. But if you’re like me and love desk accessories, you’ll enjoy it.
The theme is Rose Gold. Can you tell?
1. My job has already given me my laptop to start getting my emails on. My boss said I could order a case for it and he’d reimburse me, so I had to go with cute and functional. I got this matching marble case and keyboard cover. I also got this carrying case.
2. My coffee cup warmer. For those of us who get distracted and forget our coffee and by the time we remember it, it’s cold. This solves that problem and keeps it the perfect temperature.
3. My favorite photo of me and Jake in a beautiful Rose Gold frame.
4. Another fake succulent! Cute and easy, like I said. Get some here.
5. A to-do list, sticky notes, and page markers. I got this at TJMaxx and I love it! It’s handy and matches everything.
6. Tape dispenser. Not exciting, but cute! Part of this set.
7. Phone charger. Because we all know iPhone batteries die crazy fast. Similar here.
8. Matching pens and binder clips. Plenty more where this came from. Part of this set.
10. Rose Gold embellished stapler. Part of this set.
11. Fake flowers to add a nice homey touch. The mason jar is filled with matching glass beads. Flowers here, similar beads here & here.
12. Scissors and pen cup. Part of this set.
13. Personalized ‘D’ mouse pad with marble and rose gold detail to tie everything together!